Kwankwaso Urges Nigerians To Support Jonathan In Finding Chibok Girls

The governor of Kano State, Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, on Sunday, urged Nigerians to support President Goodluck Jonathan in putting an end to the lingering issue of the kidnap chibok girls from Government Girl Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State.

Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

* Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

The governor, who made the call in Gusau, Zamfara State, pointed out that the kidnapping was not just a national embarassment, but an issue that should concern all Nigerians.

According to him, the president needed Nigerians support in ensuring the safe return of the abducted girls to their various families.

“with all humility, we in the opposition regret this dastardly act and condemn it in totality. We have to assist him and join hands with him (president) in bringing to an end this national disgrace” he said.

Speaking on the Kano State just concluded local government election which the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won, he described it as a victory well deserved.

Kwankwaso berated the claim made by a former governor in the state that the election was not free and fair.

“We conducted the best and the freest local government election ever held in the country. The problem is that some people think they are very important and that without them things would not happen. The election we held was just like a referendum. It has spoken the minds of Nigerians and what to expect in 2015” Kwankwaso said.

Meanwhile, Kingsley Osadolor, spokesperson of the presidential fact-finding committee on the abducted Chibok schoolgirls, in a statement issued in Maiduguri, Borno State, on Sunday, assured that the committee would not not conceal any findings.

It said that the development would enable the committee to produce credible reports at the end of its assignment, adding that it had held consultations with wide range of stakeholders during its visit to Maiduguri.

“Members of the committee arrived in Maiduguri, the state capital, on Sunday, May 18” it said. “Over the past eight days, the committee held consultations and interactions with a broad spectrum of stakeholders and credible sources relevant to its assignment. Among those with whom the committee interfaced are the Shehu of Borno, military commanders, heads of para-military formations, the state Commissioner of Police, and state Director of the Department of Security Service. The committee also had intensive engagement with the principal, vice principals (Administration and Academic) of Government Secondary School, Chibok, where the mass abduction took place; the matrons of the hostels, the head cook, and security guards on duty on the day of the incident (April 14, 2014). Others with whom the committee interacted are the Borno State Commissioner for Education, the Borno State governor, Alhaji Kashim Shettima and Borno Elders Forum”.

The spokesman added that the committee believed that interactions were very pertinent to the progress they had made so far.

“In the course of its mission to Borno State, the fact-finding committee amassed a treasure trove of information on the abduction of the Chibok schoolgirls and insurgency in general, but specific details cannot be given just yet. After the trip to Abuja, the committee will return to Borno, specifically to interface with the families and communities in Chibok” Osadolor said. 
READ MORE:  http://news.naij.com/66990.html

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s